Friday, March 18, 2011

Dottie's Three Month Pix

Saturday March 12th, we wake up running because we have to be at The Factory in Franklin by 8:30.  Kayla spent the night with us so she could help with the girls.  We had the bags packed and out the door just in time.  It really helps when you have an extra set of hands.  As I was sitting in between Dottie and Melonee, I realized that I had forgot their face lotion.  To our saving grace, Renae stopped and picked some up and even beat us to The Factory.  We met with Ilde and the pictures started and so did the chaos.  Melonee is wonderful one on one but to get her to sit down to do a family shot was crazy.  She wanted to run around and pull her skirt above her head.  What can I say she gets it honest.  I can only imagine what the family shot is going to look like.....Dottie did wonderful.  We dressed her up in a too-too and I really think we got some really good shots.  While we were changing Dottie,  Ilde got some great shots of Melonee.  Then we were back to Dottie...I am so impressed with how well she did considering she was up for an hour before we started taking the pictures.  The last picture we took we dressed her up in a black and white polka dot dress with a hot pink band around the waist and a hot pink feather in her hair.  Ilde placed Dottie on her stomach on a wooden wagon with a mirror behind her...oh, she was also asleep.  So cute!!!   I am very excited to see this picture.  All in all, the girls did wonderful with help from Aunt Kayla and Aunt Renae.  Melonee ran all over The Factory.   She is a mess.  Melonee picked a flower for us and would run to get another one.  By the time we got back in the car, the girls were both asleep.  What a relief.  We ran back by the house and picked up our luggage and we headed off to Lovey and Pops house.

Lovey, Papa, Aunt Kayla and Alice volunteered to keep the girls while Ryan and I went to Dalton Georgia.  We wanted to check out the Southern Living House that they decorate each year with the latest fashions.  It would take a full day just to look at all the furnishing they have for houses.

Sunday...Ryan and I got to sleep in!!!!  That was the high light of our day.  We had to go to a baby shower that afternoon.  We dressed the girls up and they were adorable.  Everyone just oohed and gooed over them.  I think my girls are wonderful and beautiful, but I never expected anyone outside the family to notice.  However, it does make me feel good.  I love my girls.

Lovey and Kayla wanted Melonee to spend the night and oh how excited she was to stay.  She jumped in Lovey's arms and waved as we made our way back to Murfreesboro.

No comments:

Post a Comment