Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dottie takes the cake!!!!

There are days when I feel that all Moms should grow an extra set of arms along with the pregnancy.  Sunday was one of those days.  Ryan and I got up and hit the floor running....we were trying to get to church by 8 a.m.  I started getting ready, Ryan took Dottie and ate breakfast, and waited for Melonee to get up.  Ryan then gave Dottie a bath.  The only day we need Melonee to get up early is the day she sleeps in.  She finally got up at seven.  Breakfast, dresses, bows, diaper bag, and we are out the door by 7:50.  We arrive 10 minutes late for church...keep in mind our church has two services and has 2000+ members.  The only seats available were at the very top of the balcony.  Finally we get situated,  Melonee is eating her cheerios and Dottie is in Ryan's lap.  We seem to be doing great.  This was Dottie's first time in Sunday service.  Well, ten minutes into the sermon Ryan turns to me and asks if I heard that...I said what....next thing I know he is asking for a wipe....then I see poop all over Ryan and Dottie!  I then ask him if we need to leave (haha). We run out of service into the changing station take care of Dottie and try to get to the car before anyone could see us.  We succeed.  Melonee seems to be a little confused about what is going on but goes along with it.

That afternoon, we decided to take the girls for a walk in the neighborhood.  After our walk, Ryan got the kite out for Melonee to fly.  She ran around and played.  Dottie and I just watched.  We had a wonderful Sunday despite our little episode that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment