Friday, March 18, 2011

A week in a blink of an eye

I have always been told that it takes a village to raise your children.  This advice has real truth.  I am so blessed to have family to help with the girls.  Ryan and I are very family oriented and hope to in steel this in our children.

The past two weeks have been a whirl wind.  It is amazing how something can come up every day.  I was for sure that after I got married that my life would slow down, but somehow each day tends to go faster and faster.  Melonee and Dottie are developing so quick.  Melonee seems to do something new each day.  Last week Lovey was putting peanut butter in a container and Melonee ended up with the spoon and peanut butter all over her.  Papa came home during the peak of this venture and asked Lovey to wash Melonee off so he could play with her.  Also, last week we went to Aunt Renae's.  Renae took Melonee's clothes off to put her pajama's on and as soon as the cloths came off she took off.  She likes to run around in her diaper.  It was pretty funny.  Her arms go up and she starts running.  Nana and Pop really enjoy seeing the girls and spending time with them.

Tata and Pop's birthdays are close together so we went to Puelo's Grill to celebrate.  This was very entertaining.  Melonee is getting harder to control in public places.  She thinks she can just run around anywhere.  So we sit down to order and Ryan and I go back and forth trying to decide what to eat.  One of us has to get something that Melonee can eat.  Pop's orders appetizers....Melonee starts eating...the next thing I know she is burping so loud that the whole restaurant could hear it, of coarse she starts laughing.  Tata even heard her burp!  As we get our meal, Dottie gets hungry.  I start feeding Dottie and Ryan is feeding Melonee.  Pops finishes his meal first and wants to hold Dottie.  Then Nana decides she wants to hold Melonee.  Then it happened Melonee decided she needed to poop...Nana wafts it Pops way and that was it.  It made him sick.  I go change the diaper and it is time to go.  I have found that going out to eat really just isn't worth it for me.  My life is more comfortable dining in my own kitchen.

Dottie is getting stronger.  She is almost ready to sit in the bumbo.  Nana kept the girls for me one day.  When I came home Dottie was laying on her back staring at her fist.  She had found her hands.  Dottie is also smiling and laughing more often.  We love to hear her laugh.  She has also been happier.  I have been laying her on her stomach more and I have noticed that she is trying to turn over.  I am sure that it will be a little while, but I feel the time is coming.

This past Friday I went to Vanderbilt with Papa and Lovey...Papa had to go see a heart surgeon.  Ryan took the day off to keep the girls.   Nana came over and helped Ryan take the girls to story time.  While they were at story time, we found out that Papa has to have surgery on his heart on Thursday March 17th.  Papa is a very strong man and he will be fine.  This is just a little hiccup in his life.

On a side note, Ryan and I have celebrated our 4th anniversary.  Four years and two children....where does the time go.  Papa and Lovey kept the girls while Ryan and I went to Marina's on the square.  We enjoyed our meal and headed back to relieve the grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment