Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dottie's two month check up

Dottie and I went to see Dr. Rosser this past Monday for her two month check-up.  She is in the 40th percentile weighing a whopping 11 pounds and a height of 22 1/2 inches.  Dr. Rosser said she looks great.  Then it happened, the nurse came in with the shots... three of them.  The screaming started.  It just breaks my heart to hear her scream.  After the shots, Dottie cried for a little while and then luckily fell a sleep.  We then met Mom, Kay, and Melonee at Belk.  Mom decided that she wanted Melonee to go home with her.  So we ran home to get her bags packed.  While we were packing Mel, she grabbed a beanie baby bear and started patting it on the back like we do Dottie.  Then she tried to wrap the bear up in the blanket, also like we do Dottie.  Melonee really cracks me up.  I am starting to notice more and more that she is mimicking me in my daily routines.  Even her facial expressions are starting to resemble mine.  Anyway, Lovey helped her wrap the bear up and they were off to see Papa.

I called later that night to check on Melonee.  It sounded like a three ring circus in the back ground.  Lovey and Melonee were playing with her kitchen set.  Papa told me that Lovey got up in the attic and got some more toys down.  She has a collection of beanie babies she got down along with bags to help organize her toys.  Yep, the girl likes to get stuff out of a bag and then put it back in the bag.  She also loves her grandfather's wallet.  She will get the credit cards out and try to put them back in the same slot.  Papa told me that they played hard til about 10 PM.  She literally goes till she passes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment