Friday, April 1, 2011

Better late than never

It has been awhile since I last blogged.  There are many reasons for that.  Papa had heart surgery....I worked a full seven days....and Dottie has not slept through the night for the past month.  Now that we have the excuses on the table, I will start with what else has been going on with the girls.

Melonee has started saying more words.  She said Kayla's name on March 19th.  I can remember that because we were trying to leave Vanderbilt and we had to stop by Kayla's office.  Needless to say, Kayla was very excited.  Melonee's personality gets stronger every day.  She was mad at me the week that I worked.  Partly because she was sick and wanted her Mom and Dad.  However, I had wonderful help that week.  A big thank you to Ryan, Alice, and Anita for picking up my slack.  Ryan really stepped up and gave his all and I appreciate his ability to make the house a home while I worked.  (Ryan also worked 3 of the days that I worked.)  I really do not see how people function with kids and both parents working.

Dottie is starting to sit up in the bumbo with more control on her head movement.  She is also pushing herself up when she is on her stomach.  Her voice is getting sweeter every day.  When I lay her on her back to kick she will squeal and laugh.  She is really precious right now.


 Little sister/Big sister outfits that Lovey and Aunt Kayla made.  Can you tell they love them.  Sisterly love.
Bath time at Lovey's

Tea time with Melonee

Melonee loves playing outside!

Melonee has learned to feed her baby like I feed Dottie.

 I was washing dishes one night and I looked down, there was Melonee exfoliating with the salt.  She had poured out all the salt in the shaker and sit in the middle to rub her hands in all the salt.  She thought she was something.


Melonee outside at Lovey and Papa's


Dottie in an outfit that Lovey, Great Aunt Kay, and Aunt Kayla made.

 Can we say stinker.



This is how Lovey likes to dress Melonee.

Melonee and Dottie in Dottie's room.

Dottie's three month picture.

Dottie sitting in her bumbo.  Melonee is thinking of her next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment