Friday, July 29, 2011

Papa's Birthday

Papa turned 56 on Sunday July 17th! So we decided to go to Lovey and Papa's for the weekend. Ryan had picked the garden clean so we had green beans and butternut squash to can and freeze. Off we go to our grand adventure! Saturday was filled with Kayla, Mom, and I shopping while Dad and Ryan watched the girls so they could nap. When the shopping was over, I started breaking beans while Kayla and Mom cooked supper. The girls finally woke up from their nap and were full of energy. We walked over to Alice's to see the progress of her house. Melonee runs wide open as soon as she is out of the house! Dottie is very observant of her surroundings! We played on the swing set for a little bit.

We finished breaking beans! Mom blanched the beans and I got the girls ready to take baths! Mom helped me give baths. The girls really enjoy bath time. Dottie is enjoying it more than Melonee these days. We start with Dottie and we let her play in the water. Well, when we get Dottie out Melonee wants to get out as well. So we now have to really pump bath time up with songs and toys! Mel does not like her hair washed! By the time we wash her hair off she is doing what ever she can to get out of the bath tub!

Ryan put on a movie and we got the girls to go to sleep. The movie was very slow. It was about a man that rode his lawn mower across Iowa.

Sunday! Papa's birthday! He was the first one up with the girls. I heard Mel and got up to get them ready and feed. Mel rounded the corner and said milk. I went to check on Dottie and Papa had given her a bar of soap to chew on! It was the soap that Kayla and I had made for my wedding. She had just about chewed through the plastic wrap! I got the girls breakfast ready...Ryan got up and helped...Mom got up and got ready....then Kayla. I Was half way ready when she decided that she had to workout before going to eat. She asked if I would go with her. So I found the only casual clothes I brought and a pair of flip flops. I strapped Mel in the stroller and we went walking down the road. Melonee laughed and smiled the whole time. She loves being outdoors!

When our walk was over, we rushed in so we could get ready to go eat breakfast at the sunrise place in Decherd for Papa's birthday. This is a new breakfast place in town...Alice says it is great! I have to say it was good! We enjoyed breakfast as a family. Then we took the girls to the park. Kayla took lots of pictures. Alice played on the slide with Melonee and we all took turns holding Dottie. Melonee did not want to leave, but she was worn out. By the time we got home Melonee was asleep and Dottie was ready for lunch!

The rest of the afternoon, we canned seven quarts of green beans and I put up four quarts of butternut squash to freeze. I also made Kayla Ezekiel bread. Then we all tried to cook supper. While we were cooking, Ryan, Papa, Alice and Kayla were outside with the girls. Melonee was playing on the swing set and Ryan had Dottie. Ryan put Dottie down so she was standing up on the deck and Melonee ran from the swing set over to Dottie grabbed both hands and started to dance with her! I missed it the first time but she did it again when I came outside. Melonee is really starting to enjoy having a sister and Dottie watches every move that Mel makes! After supper Mel helped Lovey water the flowers! Mel really likes getting
dirty!

I had to work on Monday and Tuesday so we left Melonee and Dottie with Lovey and Papa.  Aunt Alice also helped while they were there.  So on Monday, Alice sent us a picture of the girls playing in the frog pool.  She said that they enjoyed it!  I came in on Monday to get the girls.  I thought that I was going to get them and get home quick!  Not happening.  We went over Alice's to look at the paint.  I looked wonderful.  There house is really coming together.

Tuesday, Ryan took the girls to Anita's.  They played and enjoyed Nae, Pops, and Matthew.

Wednesday, was our lazy day!  We just had to get readjusted to our daily routine and being home!

Thursday, we met our friend Elke and Dean at Barfield-Crescent Park.  We had a lot of fun playing!  Dean is about a month younger than Melonee.  This was great child interaction.

Friday July 22, 2011, I had asked Anita to come over to watch the girls while I picked beans.  Well, Melonee came out for a little while. She played on the swing set til she got interested in the garden.  She started getting muddy and then I smelled a dirty diaper.  So I took her in and Anita changed her diaper.  She then wanted to come outside but wanted Anita to come as well and started crying.  I then went to get her.  She played on the deck while I tried to pick beans.  As my back was turned, she fell down the steps!  I tell you what!  I took her in and checked her out.  She had bruises on her face and legs.  I also got the bread out that I had made.  I finished picking the beans and came in.  The girls were watching Pooh Bear.  I ran and took a shower. 

Melonee some sweet potato fries.  We were off to the splash pad!   Dottie looked so cute in her swim suit.  She also had a hat and shoes to match.  Melonee had a cute swim suit as well.  There were several people at the splash pad.  I took Melonee  over to one of the sprinklers and she acted like she did not like it...then when she got use to it she loved it.  She ran around and played in the water for about an hour.  I took Dottie and splashed a little but I don't think she was ready for it.  She played with Ryan and watched Melonee.  When it was time to go, I asked Melonee if she was ready to go and she walked right to the gate to leave!  She strutted all the way to the car.  Then we went to Chick-fil-a to get supper to take home.   We had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment